Puducherry Floor Test: Puducherry deserve statehood, says Late Sushma Swaraj
On Monday, Puducherry legislative assembly will take a floor test as the government has lost six MLA`s since January and two on February 2021. The strength of Congress is 9 including the speaker. DMK is at 2. Now the house has fourteen members and CM V Narayanasamy faces challenges as the opposition has fourteen members.
The updates of the floor test are as follows:
- On February 22, at 09:20 am, CM V Narayanasamy of the Congress will face a floor test in Puducherry legislative assembly on Monday. To prove the majority on the floor, he has time till 5 pm. The ruling coalition`s strength is down to 12. There are 9 MLA`s in Congress and DMK has two.
- At 09:51 am, V Ramachandran, who is an independent MLA said, “I am supporting the existing government. I don’t want to change my opinion. I think the existing minister will not have majority support in the assembly”.
- At 10:13 am, Telangana governor Tamilisai Soundrarajan ordered floor test for February 22.
- At 10:21 am, CM V Narayanasamy speaks in legislative assembly ahead of floor test.
- At 10:24 am, He said that PM Modi is giving 6000 for small farmers whereas they are giving 37,500.
- At 10:29 am, CM V Narayanasamy said, “PM Modi and former L-G Kiran Bedi ‘stifled’ us, yet we were able to work for the welfare of the people. Those elected by people must govern”.
- At 10:34 am, CM V Narayanasamy said that when late former Union Minister Sushma Swaraj visited Puducherry, she said Puducherry deserved statehood.
- At 11:00 am, he said, “In Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, we follow the two-language system (Tamil and English) but BJP is trying forcibly to implement Hindi”.
- At 11:03 am, In April, the legislative assembly elections are likely to take place in Puducherry in April/May.
- At 11:07 am, V Narayanasamy asked, “Centre during election said if we come to power, we will bring back black money and give 15 lakh in bank accounts. Where is the black money?”
- At 11:25 am, Congress lost majority on the floor, informed Puducherry legislative assembly speaker VP Sivakolundhu.
- At 11:28 am, Government has failed to prove its majority in the house as Narayanasamy and Congress walk out.