PM Modi in Kolkata pays tribute to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
On Saturday afternoon, Prime Minister Narendra Modi began his visit to Kolkata by paying homage to Indian freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. PM said that the country bows to the leader.
After PM Modi reached Kolkata the Prime Minister’s Office tweeted, “His bravery and ideals inspire every Indian. His contribution to India is indelible. India bows to the great Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. [email protected] began his Kolkata visit and #ParakramDivas programmes by paying homage to Netaji Bose at Netaji Bhawan.”
PM Modi’s aircraft landed at the NSC Bose International Airport around 3pm. From there he took a helicopter for the city.
- At 3:45p.m. PM Modi visits Netaji Bhawan in Kolkata
- At 3:59p.m. PM Modi arrives at National Library, Kolkata
- At 4:05p.m. PM Modi pays tribute to Netaji at Netaji Bhawan, Kolkata
- At 4:06p.m. PM Modi attends int’l conference on ‘Re-visiting the legacy of Netaji Subhas in the 21st century’
- At 4:17p.m. PM Modi interacts with artists, delegates at National Library, Kolkata
- At 4:32p.m. PM Modi arrives at Victoria Memorial in Kolkata
PM Modi will be in Kolkata and will be celebrating the iconic freedom fighter’s birth anniversary. Union Home Minister Amit Shah is scheduled to visit the state on Sunday.
On Saturday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Assam and distributed land ‘patta’ certificates to over one lakh indigenous people in Sivasagar.