Of course Rafale jets has caused worries in China’s camp: IAF Chief

Of course Rafale jets has caused worries in China’s camp: IAF Chief

On Thursday, IAF Chief RKS Bhadauria stated that the induction of Rafale aircraft has caused worries in the Chinese camp as they had deployed J-20 fighter jets close to Indian Territory. Bhadauria asserted that India has made adequate deployments at the China border to deal with the ongoing conflict with Beijing.

IAF Chief said that they are fully prepared for everything. “The situation there currently is that talks are going on. We have deployed our forces which are required. All depends on how the talks go. A lot of attention is being given to that and if de-escalation and disengagement start, it would be good. If it does not happen or some new situation happens, we are fully prepared for that,” he said. (ANI)

Recently a report came which said that the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has pulled back at least 10,000 soldiers from depth areas in the Ladakh theatre. Bhadhuria said on the matter, “From China’s side, there have been some pullbacks from air deployment view and changes in deployment. But there have some other actions which have been contrary like strengthening their air defence capability. These deployments have not reduced and are being strengthened.”

IAF chief said that they alter the deployments or readiness level as per what they see on the ground.

Talking about the actions and capabilities of the Chinese PLA, Bhadauria said, “They had brought their J-20 fighter aircraft (to areas close to Eastern Ladakh) and they go off from there but that is the flexibility of airpower. The moment Indian Rafales were brought in, their J-20 was there. We know their actions and capabilities and we are taking the required steps.”

When asked whether the induction of Rafale aircraft has caused worries in the Chinese camp, Bhadauria said, “Of course, it will.”

The IAF chief called the increase in the capital outlay of Defence budget “a huge step”, which will provide adequate budgetary support amid the COVID-19 pandemic. He underscored the fact that the additional funds of Rs 20,000 crores last year, helped the emergent procurement plans of the three forces.

This statement was made after defence forces received an overall hike of around 7.4 per cent over last year. They were provided with Rs 3.62 lakh crores excluding pensions amid the China military standoff.

Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus (0 )