List of hotspots, rise in coronavirus cases in Mumbai
The spike in number of cases in Maharashtra has become a matter of concern for authorities, especially when the number of cases are declining across the country.
The highest number of COVID-19 cases are there in Mumbai along with two other states, Union health ministry said.
Mumbai reported over 600 cases after 4,000 Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra were reported on February 14.
The next day, there was a decline in the cases in Maharashtra but the number were still above 3,000. This led the Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar to say that the government must have taken some harsh decisions.
Mumbai has recorded 3,14,569 cases.
The COVID-19 hotspots in Mumbai as of February 14 are:
- KW ward that constitutes Andheri West, Jogeshwari West, and Vile Parle West has 378 cases while it has recorded 573 deaths.
- Borivali has highest number of cases- 408 and has recorded most number of deaths (643).
- Kandivali and Charkop amounted to 345 coronavirus cases, while deaths amounted to 552, according to state government.
- Bhandup, Powai, Kanjurmarh, Vikhroli and Nahur had 281 active cases as of Sunday and has reported 720 deaths till date.
- Mulund has reported 292 active coronavirus cases and 370 deaths.
- Chembur, Sindhi Society, Chheda Nagar and Tilak Nagar under ward M/West has reported the highest growth rate of new cases in the metropolitan.
- Malad, Manori, Marve, Aksa, and Madh falling under P/North ward has total caseload of 18,946.
- Ghatkopar, Vidyavihar and Pant Nagar under ward N has 162 sealed buildings. The ward has reported 281 active cases and 594 deaths.
- Andheri East, Jogeshwari East, and Vile Parle East under K/East ward had reported 338 active coronavirus cases.
As per Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the new cases reported to be are 455 and the recovery rate of Mumbai district is 94 per cent. The district has a total 85 active containment zones and 992 sealed buildings.