Coronavirus Outbreak: Here’s A List Of 20 Covid-19 Hotspots To Be Sealed In Delhi
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday announced that the government has identified as many as 20 Coronavirus hotspots in the national capital that will be sealed to prevent the further spread of the deadly disease. Kejriwal made the announcement while addressing a press conference where he also made it mandatory for people in Delhi to wear face masks while stepping out of their houses.
“Wearing facial masks can reduce the spread of coronavirus substantially. Therefore, it has been decided that facial masks will be compulsory for anyone stepping out of their homes. Cloth masks shall be eligible too,” the Chief Minister tweeted.
The decision to seal COVID-19 hotspots in the national capital comes hours after the Uttar Pradesh government decided to completely seal hotspots in 15 districts of the state to avoid further spread of Coronavirus and prevent community spread.
While speaking to media, Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia said that some positive cases have been reported in Sadar area of the national capital so the area has been sealed.
“Total 20 hotspots have been identified in Delhi, nobody will be allowed to enter or exit from these areas,” he said. An official announcement of areas to be sealed in Delhi will be announced on Thursday.
However, here’s a tentative list of areas that are likely to be sealed and put under complete lockdown till further notice:
1. Entire effected street near Gandhi Park, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
2. Entire effected street of Gali No 6 , L 1 Sangam Vihar, New Delhi
3. Shahajahanabad society, plot no 1, Sector 11, Dwarka
4. Dinpur Village
5. Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
6. Nizamuddin West (G and D block) areas
7. B Block Jhangirpuri.
8. H. No 141 to H. No 180, Gali no. 14, Kalyanpuri Delhi
9. Mansara Appartments , Vasundhara Enclave, Delhi
10. 3 Galis of Khichirpur including Gali containing H. No. 5/387 Khichirpur Delhi
11. Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar , Delhi 110092
12. Vardhaman Appartments , Mayur Vihar, Phase I , Extension, Delhi
13. Mayurdhwaj Appartments , I P Extension, Patparganj, Delhi
14. Gali no. 4, from H. No. J- 3/115 ( Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108( towards Anar wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension, Delhi
15. Gali No. 4, from H. No J- 3/101 to H. No. J – 3/107 Krishan Kunj Extension Delhi
16. Gali No. 5, A Block ( From H No. A- 176 to A-189), West Vinod Nagar Delhi 110092
17. J & K , L and H pockets Dilshad Garden
18. G, H, J, Blocks old Seemapuri
19. F- 70 to 90 block Dilshad Colony
20. Pratap khand , Jhilmil Colony
Delhi government has also warned thayt strict action will be taken against those found not wearing masks and moving outside their houses. However, there were no immediate clarification as to when this sealing period will end.
Delhi comes third in the list of state severely hit by Coronavirus outbreak after Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu. With 93 new Coronavirus cases on April 8, total count of infection in Delhi rose to 669. Total 9 deaths have been reported till now